Whether you’re a professional baker or an amateur in the kitchen, everyone loves a quick and easy meal. Pancakes, once you have a solid recipe down, are one of the most underrated, easiest foods to make. All you have to do is mix the ingredients in a bowl, and then pour into a skillet. No whipping eggs until they’re frothy, no mixing ingredients separately — they’re seriously that simple. And while these cinnamon roll pancakes might look impressive, they’re actually pretty easy to make, once you’ve got the basics down.
So once you have your pancake recipe mastered, which, you’re welcome, I already did for you (see below), you just need to think of fun ingredients to add in. Whether you stay simple with berries and syrup, or take a more adventurous route by creating Funfetti pancakes, the end result will always be delicious. In this case, I added in a cinnamon swirl, and topped the pancakes with a delicious cream cheese frosting, ultimately combining your two favorite breakfast foods, cinnamon roll and pancakes, into one fabulous treat. Whip these up, and be happy that you’ll never have to choose between eating cinnamon rolls or pancakes for breakfast ever again. Ah, don’t you just love it when you get the best of both worlds?
- for the pancakes:
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1½ cups milk
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- for filling:
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 4 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 2-4 tbsp cinnamon, to taste
- for icing:
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ stick unsalted butter, melted
- Combine all pancake ingredients in a large bowl. Stir until smooth.
- Place skillet on stove over low-medium heat.
- Pour batter onto skillet with a ladle. Smooth out batter with bottom of ladle, creating a circle in an even layer.
- Place filling in plastic bag & cut small hole in one corner. Squeeze batter out of the bag on to the pancake in a swirl pattern.
- Cook for roughly 2-3 minutes or until golden on the bottom & bubbling on top. Flip with spatula & cook for an additional 1 minutes or until golden.
- In medium bowl, mix all icing ingredients & drizzle over pancakes. Serve warm & enjoy!
About the Contributor
Caitlin is the founder of Chicago based lifestyle web publication Public Lives, Secret Recipes which specializes in recipe development, DIY tutorials, fashion posts, & much more. Aside from the blog, Caitlin is the founder of Krispops, a crisped rice cake pop company, that you can order online! Be sure to shop Krispops here & follow PLSR on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, & Pinterest!